CLOSED. Thanks once again! Now–go have fun reading & commenting! Results Sunday.
HAPPY NOVEMBER and HAPPY NANOWRIMO! Whether you’re planning to write 1,667 words today or the scant few required for the Flash! Friday contest, you are most exceedingly welcome here. Special thanks to everyone who took the time to fill out a judge’s application for the first quarter (notifications will go out by Thursday next week). You are all so appreciated!
This week’s rusted out stories will be judged by the story knowledge maven, SVW member Patricia McCommas, who very likely has already researched whatever it is we’re writing about. Be sure to check out her judge page to find out what she hunts for in a winning piece. Note that she’s crazy about a cool twist at the end.
* Word limit: 250 word story (10 word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (240 – 260 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post SUNDAY. NOTE: We’ll be moving to Daylight Savings Time on Sunday. The contest start/stop times next week may shift for you.
* Prize: A naturally grown, organic e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a grass-fed, free-range winner’s page here at FF, a hormone and BPA-free 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME in expensive vintage letters in hotly contested auctions across the world (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s as-often-as-I-can-get-to-it Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/tips for jumpstarting a sleeping dragon (Hint: Don’t). And now for your prompt: