Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
1) What about the Frankenstein prompts inspired your winning piece? The idea of a cowardly scientist led me to thinking about someone who had been mistreated for years, quietly plotting revenge.
2) How long have you been writing flash? Only a year or so.
3) What do you like about writing flash? I love how you can convey so much more sometimes by what isn’t said.
4) What flash advice would you give other writers? Wow, I’m the one usually asking for advice. I would just say read more flash. Seek out great writers. Ask questions.
5) Who is a writer we should follow, and why? I love Sonya @ Only 100 Words. A new 100 word story everyday. I’ve learned so much about flash from reading her work.
7) What other forms do you write? I write short stories and am working on a novel.
8) What is/are your favorite genre(s) to write, and why? Suspense! I like to keep readers guessing until the end. I just started a series of suspenseful short stories on my blog.
9) Tell us about a WIP. I’m in the middle of NaNo. I am writing a YA novel that is actually an expansion of the first flash story I submitted, Posh Preggers.
10) How do you feel about dragons? Still angry mom wouldn’t let me and my brother raise the one we brought home when we were kids!