Here we are at the second week of Year Three! And I don’t know about you, but after the feverish intensity of Flashversary, I’m feeling like we could use something light and fun. So I called up an old friend to see if he’d pose for today’s prompt, which of course, jolly old elf that he is, he agreed to, er, promptly. Knowing you darlings, you’ll find a way to put my dear friend through the wringer, dragging him on a thousand adventures across darkness and time and space. Clement Moore, eat your heart out!
A reminder that Flashversary results have posted here; be sure to stop by and congratulate the winners if you haven’t already! You can also read the finalists’ stories here (note: as champ Maggie Duncan‘s story is under consideration for publication by Flash Fiction Online, you will not be able to read her story for a bit yet. We’ll be sure to let you know when it’s published). Thank you again to everyone who came out for our annual mega party. You are extraordinary writers, and it’s a privilege knowing you!! Thank you so very much.
Our second team of new Dragon Captains consists of Mark A. King and Tamara Shoemaker. Take a moment to read their bios and their judging philosophies (it’s worth your time, especially as Tamara wrote you a poem). A reminder that Flash! Friday judges completely blindly; all we crave are really, really, really good stories. And as Mark says, somehow, no matter the prompt or season, you always deliver really, really, really good stories. You and they are both going to have a magnificent time this round, I just know it.
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Monday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Wednesdays. I (Rebekah) post my own unbalanced writings sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
Now, put out a glass of milk and a plate of cookies, and write a story based on the photo below.
* Word count: Write a 150-word story (10-word leeway on either side) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, excluding title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Monday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
—NO DRAGON’S BIDDING—WRITE A STORY BASED ON THE PHOTO ALONE—