Howdy, and welcome to Flash! Friday! I hope this week has gone…. er, springily for you. Knowing it was March 20, my own sweet kids leapt out of bed yesterday and flung open the door to see if a labyrinth of flowers had exploded in the front yard overnight. Their excitement was so contagious I half expected to see it myself.
The last two weeks of this first quarter of Year Two find us judged by our own labyrinthine Erin McCabe. A bit relieving, honestly, not to have to say goodbye to her until next week. In the meantime, remember she’s nuts about twists and clever dialogue, so let’s make her penultimate judging experience a highly challenging one! Send them off with tears of anguish and frustration, I always say! (Dear New Judges: Kindly Disregard the Previous Statement.)
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Sunday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Wednesdays. I (Rebekah) post my own stuff sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays “just for fun.”
Now let’s get to it!
* Word limit: 150 word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Sunday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
***Today’s Dragon’s Bidding (required element to incorporate somewhere in your story; does not need to be the exact word unless instructed to do so, e.g. “include the brand ‘Manolo‘”):