Welcome to the first Friday of June! It’s one exciting day after another here at the lair — no, I’m not referring to the toothbrush misadventure (and yes, the burnt rubber smell in my hair did eventually wash out, thank you for asking) — I trust you have all seen the names of our incoming dragon captains, who will take over judging duties beginning in July. Because, wow. On top of that, we’ve opened the Dragon Emporium, where you will see the Flash! Friday dragons dueling on all sorts of objects (because they are obliging like that); please help yourself to a mug or charm necklace or two, and support the shenanigans here at Flash! Friday, if you’re in the mood. Click on the cutie pies themselves below to check out the Emporium’s offerings.
Ring of Fire! Did you submit stories at Flash! Friday at least three times in May? Be sure to let us know; the Wall will be updated this weekend to reflect the current badge holders (if you sent in a note already, don’t worry; we’ve got your name). Details at the Wall of Flame page. Remember each badge means a chance at a Flash! Friday prize at year’s end. More badges = more chances!
It’s the VERY LAST TIME judging for beloved Dragon Team Two: Captains Mark A. King & Tamara Shoemaker. This team has had far too much fun judging; I know this by the copious amounts of peanut butter and smeared TimTam stains across their results each round. Despite the ongoing Team Two parties, they’ve managed to both deliver fantastically meaty and helpful comments on the winning tales and still write their own stories and still leave loads of comments on others’ stories. Y’all are amazing, and talented, and kind, and selfless, and we are deeply grateful for all you’ve done this past term. THANK YOU. As for you dear draggins, please feel welcome to leave thank you comments on their judge pages (linked above), Twitter, or following your stories here, to let them know how much they are appreciated.
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Monday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Thursdays. Now let’s write!
* Word count: Write a 200-word story (10-word leeway on either side) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (min 190 – max 210 words, excluding title/byline) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Monday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Thursday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
AND HERE IS YOUR TWO-PART PROMPT:
(1) Required story element (this week: character. If you want your story to be eligible for an award, your protagonist must be the below character type. Of course I don’t need to remind y’all that more than vegetables can be harvested…):
(2) Photo prompt to incorporate: