Aaaaand we’re done! Flash! Friday Round 26 is tucked in bed with its lovey, dreaming of slugs and snails and puppy dogs’ tails. While the judge deliberates, we welcome you to read & comment on the stories. NOTE: Results will likely be delayed this weekend while the Lair undergoes an unavoidable Internet outage. Back online as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Howdy, and welcome to #FlashFridayFic Round 26! and the last day of May, no less; frightening how much of 2013 is already behind us. ‘Fess up now. Where did you put the first five months of the year?! Ah well. Bygones. As ever, here are your warm & sunny with clear skies guidelines.
Our judge for Round 26 is our own sunny-with-a-chance-of-a-dark-and-mysterious-superstorm SVW member Anthony Marchese. (Thanks, Anthony!) Be sure to check his judge’s page to see what kinds of entries make him swoon.
* Word limit: 350-500 -word story (minimum 350, max 500) based on the photo prompt. We’re going looong today! Giving you a crazy wide range in case your story kicks and screams and won’t stay put inside a smaller space.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (between 350 – 500 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Key West time)
* Winners: will post tomorrow (Saturday)
* Prize: A blazingly stunning e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a radiant winner’s page here at FF (we’ll throw in virtual aloe for free), a not-a-cloud-in-the-sky-oh-what-is-that-on-the-horizon 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME transcribed in toasted marshmallows across the back yard of the world (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/dragon bbq recipes. And now for your prompt: