We are barreling through another year — today marks the last FF of April already. Is anyone other than me in total shock about this? Whether shocked or totally unfazed, you are, however, totally and absolutely welcome to this weekly writing contest. It’s always such a pleasure seeing the writing community coming together to find inspiration, encourage each other, and then, of course, try to make the others eat their dust. Poetic justice is, perhaps, one of the finest forms of poetry!
Flash! Friday also welcomes back to the judge’s podium character-loving Pratibha Kelapure. Genre and plot, she says, take second place to flowing narrative and fleshed-out characters. Adventures of the mind, perhaps? She can’t wait to see what characters you introduce us to and explore with today’s prompt.
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Sunday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Wednesdays. I (Rebekah) post my own stuff sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays “just for fun.”
Now let’s get to it!
* Word limit: 150 word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Sunday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
***Today’s Dragon’s Bidding (required element to incorporate somewhere in your story; does not need to be the exact word unless instructed to do so, e.g. “include the words “Encyclopedia Britannica'”):