And with a splash Flash! Friday Round 25 is now closed. Thanks for coming out to swim with us this week. Please don’t forget to read & comment on the stories–your participation and encouragement make this community so effective–thank you! The judge’s results will post tomorrow (Saturday ET). See you then!
Hello everyone, and welcome to #FlashFridayFic Round 25. We’ve left last week’s shootouts behind and are plunging into the watery depths of a completely different world today. What sort of world? That’s YOUR job to determine! (Here are your navigational guidelines).
And now… if you’re ready to walk the plank…
* Word limit: 300-word story (10-word leeway on either side) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (between 290 – 310 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Myrtle Beach time)
* Winners: will post tomorrow (Saturday)
* Prize: A wistfully splendid e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a personalized mariner’s page here at FF, a glorious, storm-chasing, death-defying, depths-plunging 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME in glowing golden galleons splashed across the skies (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/dragon navigational checklists. And now for your prompt: