WELCOME! Oh goodness, are we going to have fun today! If your stories are half as delicious as we anticipate, it’s going to be a ridiculous, hilarious, tragic blast of a round. But don’t scroll down just yet, because:
Just in case ONE round of flash isn’t exciting enough, come back for Flash Dash TOMORROW, yes, Saturday, May 2, at 10am Washington DC time, for a lightning fast flash round with prizes. You’ll have just THIRTY MINUTES to write your story! We’re giving away a Flash! Friday logo coffee mug and $25 cash, just cuz we feel like it. Flash Dash results will post Sunday afternoon or evening.
Two more reminders: JUDGE APPLICATIONS are due in by next Friday. Details here.
AND the WALL OF FLAME: Did you participate at FF three times in April? Details regarding how to earn the rights to the shockingly bright Ring of Fire badge, as well as the names of our current (exceedingly marvelous) badge holders, can be found here.
Judging today is Dragon Team One: Captains Joidianne4eva & Image Ronin. IR, who does business with large spiders and storms, and Joidianne, a psychology student, couldn’t be more prepared for today’s prompt. I have it on good authority they’ve both been practicing this theme on their respective neighbors for a good month now, just so they’d be ready.
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Monday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Thursdays.
Now let’s write!
* Word count: Write a 200-word story (10-word leeway on either side) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (min 190 – max 210 words, excluding title/byline) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Monday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Thursday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
AND HERE IS YOUR TWO-PART PROMPT:
(1) Required story element (this week: theme. If you want your story to be eligible for an award, the below theme must be central in it. Note: read the history & examples of this theme here.)
(2) Photo prompt to incorporate: