Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
1) What about the Cry, the Beloved Country prompts inspired your winning piece? The photo was an incredibly powerful image, so I started from there and built words around the theme of reconciliation.
2) How long have you been writing flash? Not long. I think I submitted my first piece to @Microbookends about three months ago.
3) What do you like about flash? The idea of communicating something large or universal out of a limited number of words.
4) What flash advice would you give other writers? Know what is essential to your story. Eliminate anything superfluous. Don’t underestimate readers’ ability to fill in blanks.
5) Who is a writer we should follow, and why? The flashfic community is incredibly supportive. Hopefully this gives everyone the confidence to follow their own paths.
7) What other forms do you write? Not much I’m afraid; the above contests take up all the available spare time I have.
8) What is/are your favorite genre(s) to write, and why? Poetry – it’s best at winkling out the truth of things, for offering up differing perspectives.
9) Tell us about a WIP. Nothing right now; come back to me next Friday when the Flash! Friday prompt goes up!
10) How do you feel about dragons? Served rare with bearnaise sauce, triple fried chips and a bottle of Malbec? I daresay I’m amenably disposed.