Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
Our newest Flash! Friday winner is Pratibha. This is her second win (though it’s her first in over a year). She’s served as a FF judge TWICE, and now runs The Literary Nest magazine. Read her winning story on her winner’s page here, then take one tiny minute to get to know her better.
1) What about the Iliad prompt inspired your winning piece? The setting prompt, a besieged city, immediately brought the worldwide unrest and several besieged cities. It was straightforward from there.
2) Do you outline, or are you a discovery writer? I am more of a discovery writer, but these days, I try to pay attention to the story arc.
3) How would you describe your writing style? I tend to do better with interior monologues of the characters.
4) When did you begin writing fiction? I wrote a lot in my head. My first story on the paper didn’t happen till 1998.
7) What are you currently reading? I just finished The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins and have put a hold on Wild by Cheryl Strayed.
8) How do you combat writer’s block? By watching old musicals, children’s movies, and by hiking.
9) What is the best writing advice you’ve been given? Re-read and edit. Repeat.
10) What do you admire most about dragons? They are invisible friends who masquerade as frightening creatures to ward off bad influences.