Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
Our newest Flash! Friday winner is — FINALLY!!! — first timer Brian Creek. Read more about him at his VERY OWN WINNER’S PAGE (FINALLY!) here, and read his winning story here. But for now: you couldn’t do better than take one minute to get to know him better below.
1) What about The Arabian Nights inspired your winning piece? I imagined sitting down with my son and reading him one of these fantastical stories. The tale grew from there.
2) You’ve been writing flash a good while but this is your first win. What’s kept you going? The support of a fantastic group of fellow writers. And a ‘Flash Points’ article written last July by yourself.
3) What do you like about flash? As someone who struggles to finish projects, Flash allows me to complete a satisfying story before my attention – squirrel!
4) What flash advice would you give other writers? There are no rules to Flash (other than the word count). Experiment with themes, styles, and formats.
7) What other forms do you write (novels, poetry, articles, etc)? I have a folder full of unfinished short stories, novellas, and novels that I wish I could focus on more.
8) What is/are your favorite genre(s) to write, and why? I love using Sci-Fi to step out of the normal world and see ‘what else’ and ‘what if’.
9) Tell us about a WIP. CHRIS AND MIKE vs THE WORLD – I’m currently expanding my 100 word Micro Bookends entries into novella length adventures.
10) How do you feel about dragons? Always wanted one but we never had the room.