Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
Our newest Flash! Friday winner is first timer Sydney Scrogham. Read more about here here; read her winning story here; and look for an upcoming #Spotlight interview with her to celebrate her first novel, due to be published in August! But for now: take one minute to get to know her better below.
1) What about Charlie & the Chocolate Factory inspired your winning piece? More like I took what I wanted to write about and found a way to work it with the prompt. 🙂
2) How long have you been writing flash? Less than a year.
3) What do you like about flash? The challenge of using as few words as possible.
4) What flash advice would you give other writers? Write what you like. Feel the story in your body and translate that to words.
5) Who is a flash writer we should follow, and why? Foy S. Iver – she’s crazy passionate and competitive with flash.
6) Do you participate in other flash contests, and which? Yes, MicroBookends.
7) What other forms do you write (novels, poetry, articles, etc)? Novels, blog articles for Porsche eBreak, venting poetry, blog posts for Victory Weekend Ministries, but I’m not limiting myself there.
8) What is/are your favorite genre(s) to write, and why? Fantasy because I don’t have to know jack squat about anything when I can just make it up. 🙂
9) Tell us about a WIP. An abused young woman. A man afraid of becoming his father. Inner darkness will destroy them or drive them together.
10) How do you feel about dragons? I want my own Toothless.