WELCOME to Flash! Friday! I’ll have you know — and I’m quite sure this is all your fault — that after last week’s prompt I searched high and low for some sort of magnificent coconut ice cream, but failed to find anything more inspiring than a can of coconut water “with pulp.” Not that chewing on soggy pieces of mysteriously aged coconut meat isn’t fun, but, yknow.
Judge update: I’m delighted to report we have an official, brand spanking new panel of judges for the bottom half of Year Three, yes, we do! Y’all already love these writers; you will soon love them even more. ♥ We’ll be ready to announce their names by May 29; the new (game-changing!) term starts June 26.
Spotlight Interviews: What a romp Tuesday’s interview with superstar Tamara Shoemaker was! Congratulations to FF newcomer Bill Engleson (Denmaniacs4) for winning the copy of Tamara’s newest novel, Kindle the Fire. A reminder the Spotlight feature’s open to any of you in the FF community with a project coming out (indie, traditional, hybrid, web — we’re crazy about it all!). We’d love to hand you the mic to let you chat about it! Contact us here.
Judging today is Dragon Team Three: Captains Carlos Orozco & Eric Martell. Carlos’ favorite thing is unpredictability, for which he assigns Bonus Points. Similarly, Eric hopes your stories will captivate him with interesting characters or worlds. And, of course, that they will have been beautifully
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Monday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Thursdays. Now let’s write!
* Word count: Write a 200-word story (10-word leeway on either side) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (min 190 – max 210 words, excluding title/byline) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Monday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Thursday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
AND HERE IS YOUR TWO-PART PROMPT:
(1) Required story element (this week: setting. If you want your story to be eligible for an award, your story must take place in the below setting “Downtown”.)
(2) Photo prompt to incorporate: