I’ll have you know I spent yesterday shoveling a foot of snow out of my driveway. At least, I think it was my driveway. What matters is that there was plenty of coffee (and, if I’m not further mistaken, a caramel apple tartlet) waiting when I’d finished doing whatever the heck it was I was doing to wherever I was doing it to. In any event, the physical labor and the joy of flinging (cracked) shovels-full of powdery snow through the air have served to fire up the old Muse. I hope yours is awake and ready to go too–why don’t you pull up a comfy chair, open your laptop, and write with me a spell? We’re so glad you’re here.
WALL OF FLAME: Now boasting a fresh coat of extra flammable paint! The Wall of Flame is where you will find the current Ring of Fire badge holders. Starting today, all writers can begin earning eligibility for MARCH. Remember: prizes at calendar year’s end from among those with the most badges in 2015! Details here.
Judging today is Dragon Team One, consisting of fiery dragon captains Image Ronin & Jodianne4eva. That engine-type rumbling you hear is their hungry bellies as they wait to devour your stories. They like stories that challenge them a bit, going outside the box and, to mix metaphors, peeling back the layers to reveal the secrets hidden beneath. They do not, however, prefer mixed metaphors.
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Monday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Thursdays.
Now, grab your axe and whetting stone, and let’s go!
* Word count: Write a 200-word story (10-word leeway on either side) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (min 190 – max 210 words, excluding title/byline) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Monday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Thursday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
AND HERE IS YOUR TWO-PART PROMPT:
(1) Required story element (this week: theme. The below theme must be the central focus of your story. This word is meant in the sense of goal/hope/objective):
(2) Photo prompt to incorporate: