HAAAAAAAAAAAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kind of funny to send new year wishes when we’re already a month into Year Three here at Flash! Friday; but then flash fiction’s always ahead of the curve, isn’t it?! Gone are the days the literary world can get away with claiming flash is for people who don’t have time to write (or read) proper stories. We’ll show you proper, dear World, with a pickle and side of chips!
In case you’re curious, today’s photo of a Young Boy Spying was inspired by this day in 1942, in which the FBI convicted 33 members of a spy ring, which is still (I think, or at least Wiki tells me to think) the largest espionage case in US history to end in convictions. It is also inspired by various and sundry sneakinesses recently committed on me. Since they were kind sneakinesses I am not permitted to complain, but it puts me on Red Alert all the same. One eye open and all that.
Our final new team of Dragon Captains (wave hello, Team Three!!! dear, brave, rabble-rousing boys!) consists of familiar #FlashDogs Carlos Orozco and Eric Martell (aka DrMagoo). Be sure to read their bios and their judging philosophies to see what they look for in winning entries. It is going to be One. Fun. Ride. this week!
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Monday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Wednesdays (Thursday this round). I (Rebekah) post my own unbalanced writings sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
Now, polish up those dark glasses, dust off your Super Secret Spy Costume, and write a story based on the photo below.
* Word count: Write a 150-word story (10-word leeway on either side) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, excluding title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Monday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
—NO DRAGON’S BIDDING—WRITE A STORY BASED ON THE PHOTO ALONE—