Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
1) What about the prompt inspired your winning piece? The ocean – I thought about writers travelling around the world, spreading their stories as they go.
2) How long have you been writing flash? For quite some time, but I only became serious about it this year – and Flash! Friday helps a lot!
3) What do you like about writing flash? Telling a story within a limited word count gives me the chance to try out many different genres and styles.
4) What flash advice would you give other writers? Take time and analyse your idea. Try to find a unique or unexpected viewpoint to tell your story from.
6) Do you participate in other flash contests, and which? Not yet, though I have been writing pieces of less than 1,000 words for publication.
8) What is/are your favorite genre(s) to write, and why? Definitely fantasy and sci-fi. I find that it gives me the freedom to explore diverse people, topics, and worlds.
9) Tell us about a WIP. My story “Augmented Memories” will be published in the next two months, and I’m also working on some short stories.
10) How do you feel about dragons? I love them! The variety in folklore, mythology, and literature is astounding. Nidhogg is one of the most striking.