Oh, I am soooo glad it’s Friday! Someone teased me last week about publicly counting down five hours before launch, and I’m like, Don’t you know I start counting down at 12:01 Saturday mornings?! Y’all are something wondrous, that’s all there is to it, and I crave you something fierce the other six days, a weakness only intensified by my current sleep deprivation and deplorable lack of chocolate. Oh, before I forget:
**** BIG ANNOUNCEMENT COMING NEXT WEEK****
(Did I say that out loud?)
Today’s awesome pic (thanks, Boston Public Library!) is inspired by Wiki’s avowal that one German chemist, Felix Hoffmann, on this day in 1897 found a way to synthesize aspirin. Despite everyone else’s passionate assurances (including other places on Wiki) that such invention actually took place on August 10, inspiration had already struck me DEAD, flinging me mercilessly to the ground. Perhaps since he synthesized it August 10, by now, two months later, patients recovering from surgery were already appreciating it. Yeah, um, let’s go with that.
Back as judge today for his final turn (!) is Craig Anderson. He’s just nuts about witty banter and universes buried just beneath the surface of what’s seen on the page. He also loves a CLEVER TITLE. Want to know more about how to win his imperious judge’s eye? Check out his judge page here.
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Monday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Wednesdays. I (Rebekah) post my own unbalanced writings sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
Now, scrub up and get to it!
* Word limit: 150 word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Monday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
***Today’s Dragon’s Bidding (required element to incorporate somewhere in your story; does not need to be the exact word(s) unless instructed to do so, e.g. “include the words “acetylsalicylic acid”):