Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
1) What about the prompt inspired your winning piece? Everyone has a story. It’s rare that anyone has the same one. These guys, while running side-by-side, lived worlds apart. At least in my head.
2) How long have you been writing flash? A few months. Now I’m an addict, whiling away Friday mornings, gripping fistfuls of hair and ripping them out by their uninspired roots.
3) What do you like about writing flash? Brevity! As the author of 100,000+ word books, what a challenge to pack a wallop into only 150 words.
4) What flash advice would you give other writers? Advice? From me? *snort* “Never laugh at live dragons.” Er, I mean, jes keep on writin’ that there good stuff.
5) Who is a writer we should follow, and why? Gotta go with my girl, Jane Austen. Rapier wit! Social commentary! (Plus, I secretly long to lounge about Pemberley in a Regency-style dress while awaiting visits from ‘every Bennet in the country.’)
6) Do you participate in other flash contests, and which? Nope. I mean, really, what other flash fiction group can compete with one birthed in the fires of Dragons?
7) What other forms do you write (novels, poetry, articles, etc)? Poetry, short stories, magazine articles, blogs, novels . . . to-do lists, dear-diary entries, Facebook statuses, grocery lists . . . I digress. I simply write.
8) What is/are your favorite genre(s) to write, and why? YA fantasy! I’m a teenager in a thirty-something body. The angst, the passion for life is what I love to spread on the pages of these books.
9) Tell us about a WIP. A kick-bootie girl who wields the four elements: air, fire, earth, and water. Who wouldn’t want what she’s got? Apparently, nobody. Bwahaha!
10) How do you feel about dragons? “It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him.” As your southern neighbor, Dragoness, I keep a weather eye northward for fiery bursts of dragon flame.