Happy Friday!! With all that’s going on in the world, I’m especially grateful for the community here at Flash! Friday, and for the ability to spend a few precious moments on the joy of story. Thank you so much for taking the time to come and write with us. You are appreciated!
DON’T FORGET!!! There are four days left to submit your entry to the Dog Days of Summer contest (with cash prizes! and a decadent 800 – 1,000 word window). Click here or on the pic of the boys in the sidebar for details and to enter.
Today’s prompt was chosen in honor of the legendary Nadia Comaneci. On this day in 1976 she was the first gymnast to score a perfect 10 at the Olympics. Her story continues to inspire athletes around the world. Why not writers too!
It’s with great pleasure I introduce today’s judge, three-time Flash! Friday winner Aria Glazki. She likes layered language, she says, and realistic characters with an intriguing premise. Read more here. Then spin a tale to win your own perfect 10.0!
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Sunday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Wednesdays. I (Rebekah, and I seriously hope some of you look at this weekly updated selfie) post my own unbalanced writings sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays. And the fabulous Dog Days contest is live now through Tuesday night at 11:59pm, Washington, DC time.
Now, chalk up your hands and let’s get to it!
* Word limit: 150 word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Sunday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
***Today’s Dragon’s Bidding (required element to incorporate somewhere in your story; does not need to be the exact word(s) unless instructed to do so, e.g. “include the word “deduction'”):