WELCOME to the final Friday of the 2nd quarter of Year Two. Hasn’t it been a doozy!? Our newest judge panel kicks off next week aaaaaaaaaand…. I am now at liberty to announce the coming of a bonus contest, the Dog Days of Summer, complete with CASH prizes (thanks to our sponsors! y’all are AMAZING). Dog Days will kick off July 8. It’s going to stay open so much longer and allow so many more words, some of you might actually faint. More details next week.
But first: on the deep, dark, depressing side, we are forced, FORCED, I tell you, to say goodbye to our final 2nd quarter judge, Jess West. Dear Jess! You were part of the FF family long before you stepped up as judge, but now your name will live on in draconian infamy. (Er, you’re ok with that, right?) How good it’ll be to read your stories here again. But BUSINESS FIRST: if you’re a newcomer and don’t know Jess’ preferences, pop over to her judge page to learn how she chooses her winning entries.
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Sunday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Wednesdays. I (Rebekah) post my own unbalanced writings sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays “just for fun.”
Now let’s get to it!
* Word limit: 150 word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Sunday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
***Today’s Dragon’s Bidding (required element to incorporate somewhere in your story; does not need to be the exact word(s) unless instructed to do so, e.g. “include the words “nuclear thermodynamics'”):