Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
Our newest Flash! Friday winner is Joidianne4eva. Read her winning story here. Note that this is her second win — read her first #SixtySeconds interview (from Nov 2013) here. Then take another minute to get to know her better below.
1) What about the prompt inspired your winning piece? The haughty look on the queen’s face is what caught my attention first and Aasha sprung from that.
2) Do you outline, or are you more of a discovery writer? I discover; I love listening to my characters as they develop and outlines stifle that a bit.
3) How would you describe your writing style? Free-flowing, LOL. I can either write something or I can’t; there’s no in-between.
4) When did you begin writing fiction? I wrote my first story at seven then promptly buried it.
5) Introduce us to a favorite character in one of your stories. Matthew, he’s from my Dollhouse story. He’s a necromancer who isn’t aware of it yet.
6) What books have influenced your life the most? The Darker Side, edited by John Pelan, was one of the books that really influenced my writing.
8) How do you combat writer’s block? I annoy my betas with my whining until they snap, LOL. Mostly I research what I’m writing about until something sparks.
9) What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? Don’t let anything hold you back; if you’ve got words, write them.
10) What do you admire most about dragons? The fact that they like shiny things. We’ve got that in common.