WELCOME to Flash! Friday! Today it gives me tremendous pleasure to introduce the judges’ panel for the 3rd quarter of Year Two, beginning July 4. These are writers you already know and love: the super sparkly crew of three-time Flash! Friday winners. (Note: Maggie Duncan won her place among them too but has already served.) What better eyes for this contest than writers whose work has consistently vaulted them to the top?! So without further ado, please join me in welcoming
It is going to be a BLAST!!!!!!
Also noteworthy: today in 1837, Queen Victoria ascended the British throne. And on today in 1887, the massively busy Victoria Terminus railway station opened in Mumbai (then Bombay). Clearly Her Royal Majesty prefers not to be ignored today; and so accordingly we shall pay our humble dues. Or not so humble, obv, depending on where you make her go….
Before we leap too eagerly into Q3, however, fabulous and fearless judge Jess West will close out the final two weeks of Q2. We’ll bid her a fond adieu next week. If you don’t know her and are curious about her judging style & preferences, be sure to scour her judge’s page to see how to snag her attention.
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Sunday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Wednesdays. I (Rebekah) sometimes quite presumptuously post my own unbalanced writings on Tuesdays or Thursdays.
Now let’s get to it!
* Word limit: 150 word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Sunday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
***Today’s Dragon’s Bidding (required element to incorporate somewhere in your story; does not need to be the exact word(s) unless instructed to do so, e.g. “include the word “chutzpah'”):