Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
1) What about the prompt inspired your winning piece? I was haunted by this woman’s face: peaceful, but heartbroken. I couldn’t stop feeling that she had a powerful story.
2) How long have you been writing flash? This contest is my first real experience with flash fiction, and I’m officially hooked!
3) What do you like about flash? The creative challenge! It’s fun to do, and learning to be concise has strengthened my writing as a whole.
4) What flash advice would you give other writers? Flesh out a novel-length story. Then choose your favorite scene from this “novel” and describe it in 150 words.
5) Who is a writer we should follow, and why? Margaret Locke, a three-time Flash! Friday winner! Her entries have grabbed my attention each and every week.
7) What other forms do you write (novels, poetry, articles, etc)? )? I mostly write articles on culture and faith, but secretly fantasize about surprising everyone and becoming a bestselling novelist!
8) What is/are your favorite genre(s) to write, and why? I love writing Christian Fantasy/Adventure tales the most – they’re an exciting ride, and are able to teach powerful, life-changing principles!
9) Tell us about a WIP. My wife and I are joining forces on a devotional, and I’ve begun dreaming up a novel entitled Heroic.
10) How do you feel about dragons? Dragons terrify me… which is exactly why I pick up any book that features one!