Welcome to Friday! Many of you have expressed concern regarding the speed at which each Friday appears. Well, after hours of careful research and weeks of painstaking interviews, I’m thrilled to report I’ve found the culprit(s): little green men. Yes. You read that right. Little green men. It’ll be up to you to tell me more about that, though. I am so thankful the FF community is bursting with a number of fine selenoarchaeologists. Who would’ve guessed that would come in so handy!
Today’s judge, Alissa Leonard, may or may not be on speaking terms with several little green men herself–she’s not telling–but she does, quite unquestionably, know a great deal about worldbuilding. And she both loves characters and is a character. How perfect that her turn should fall today! Not to mention that on this day in 1965, the Life Sciences Committee recommended to NASA that astronauts returning from the moon or other planets ought to be quarantined for three weeks. Just in case….
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Sunday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Wednesdays. I (Rebekah) post my own unbalanced writings sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays “just for fun.”
Now let’s get to it!
* Word limit: 150 word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Sunday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
***Today’s Dragon’s Bidding (required element to incorporate somewhere in your story; does not need to be the exact word(s) unless instructed to do so, e.g. “include the word “arrears'”):