Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
1) What about the prompt inspired your winning piece? I was drawn to the bikes and (as is fairly normal with me), I wrote the ending first.
2) How long have you been writing flash? I attempted a few before I posted my first completed piece here a couple of months ago.
3) What do you like about flash? I tend to finish it! And I like the discipline; nothing refines a story quite like a 160 word count.
4) What flash advice would you give other writers? Just write. Flash is a great way to hone skills and grow ideas.
5) Who is a writer we should follow, and why? Sinead O’Hart for the variety of her stories, her emotive writing and seamless imagery.
7) What other forms do you write (novels, poetry, articles, etc)? My writing began with poetry and I’ve a couple of struggling novels – I’d really like to finish one of them!
8) What is/are your favorite genre(s) to write, and why? I’m still finding my way but I enjoy the challenge of creating alternate worlds.
9) Tell us about a WIP. A YA novel set in an alternate reality – I’ve yet to iron out the details. And write it.
10) How do you feel about dragons? I adore them; they can be quite misunderstood.