Weeeeeeeeelcome back to Flash! Friday! I am here to confirm for you that yes, we DID just enjoy Flash! Friday five minutes ago and yes, there ARE in fact four Fridays each week. I expect national scientists to confirm this at any moment.
Until then–please join me in bidding adieu to faithful and passionate judge Whitney Healy. I love the exuberance with which she’s approached each of her judging weeks; I suspect she’d have written a giddy novel on each tale if I’d let her. Thank you, sweet Whitney, for all your time and labor. But BEWARE, dear writers: her imminent departure means she’s likely to be more passionate this week rather than less. Be sure to scour her judge page to see how best to capture her gleeful eye.
Awards Ceremony: Results will post Sunday. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Wednesdays. I (Rebekah) post my own stuff sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays “just for fun.”
* Word limit: 150 word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Sunday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
***Today’s Dragon’s Bidding (required element to incorporate somewhere in your story; does not need to be the exact word unless instructed to do so, e.g. “include the word ‘bourrée‘”–and yes, I made it frightfully easy for you this week–you’d better make it good):