Welcome to the merry month of March! I’m still scratching my head over what happened to 2013, so while I work on catching up (please feel free to tweet suggestions!), let’s jump right in with another sad farewell–
Singing her haunting yet terrifying swan song this week is valiant judge M. T. Decker. She’s got all kinds of ideas about how a winning story ought to look: read about those ideas at her judge page. Of course she likes proper grammar ‘n’ stuff, but she also adores stories with fresh takes on the prompt or unique twists. Time to think outside of the box!
Awards Ceremony: Results this week will post Monday (note the change for this week only). Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner post Wednesdays (likely Thursday this week–stay tuned). I (Rebekah) post my own stuff sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays “just for fun.”
* Word limit: 150 word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Monday (this week only).
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
***Today’s Dragon’s Bidding (required element to incorporate somewhere in your story; does not need to be the exact word unless instructed to do so, e.g. “include the word ‘sortie‘”):