Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
Our newest Flash! Friday winner is Marie McKay. Read her winning story here. Note that this is her second win–read her first #SixtySeconds interview here. Then take another minute to get to know her better below!
1) What about the prompt inspired your winning piece? Those goggles and that uniform screamed clones at me. The style just seemed suited to that idea.
2) How long have you been writing flash? Well, that must be around sixteen months.
3) What do you like about flash? I have four kids so my life, never mind my time for writing, is fragmented. It’s satisfying to complete something.
4) What flash advice would you give other writers? Be your peculiar self.
5) Who is a writer we should follow, and why? Flash! Friday’s own SJ O’Hart is a very talented writer with a fantastic blog.
7) What other forms do you write (novels, poetry, articles, etc)? I am still having a go at picture books. I’d like to complete a novel.
8) What is/are your favorite genre(s) to write, and why? I do like experimental stuff, preferably, dark, experimental stuff.
9) Tell us about a WIP. A therapist, eVVe, in the later half of this century, deals with four patients’ addiction to Ultra-social media.
10) How do you feel about dragons? My seven year old has drawn me a picture of one, so I feel just great about them.