Still caught up in the fabulous global adventure that is the 2014 Olympics, I couldn’t help but fall in love (look! sideways Valentine’s reference!) with this week’s prompt. OK, so it’s not suitable for a triple axel or power play, but there is something compelling about these slopes nonetheless. I can’t wait to see just what adventures you dream up for our judge!
LAST CHANCE!!! The deadline to apply as a judge for the 2nd quarter (April – June) is tomorrow, Feb 15. RUN! Details here.
Dropping in with writerly alley-oops and switchbacks of her own this week is judge Whitney Healy. What she seeks in a winning entry isn’t a mystery: check out her judge page! She likes words, a lot, and the more rhythm and detailed beauty you can carve out, the better.
Awards Ceremony: Results post Sunday evenings. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner will post Wednesdays. I (Rebekah) post my own stuff sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays “just for fun.” And now if you’ll excuse me–there’s skeleton and men’s free skating on!
* Word limit: 150 word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Sunday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
***Today’s Dragon’s Bidding (required element to incorporate somewhere in your story; does not need to be the exact word unless instructed to do so, e.g. “include the word ‘Ολυμπιακός'”):