Hellooooooo, and welcome back again! We’re kicking off this week’s Flash! Friday Olympics-style. No half-constructed hotel rooms, though – just a fabulously supportive community, a whirlwind of a contest, and approximately 68.4 tons of adrenaline. With a combo like that, it’s bound to be fun!
DON’T FORGET!!! The deadline to apply as a judge for the 2nd quarter (April – June) is Feb 15. Hurry up! Details here.
Thundering in and flinging sanity everywhere for us this week (at least, it looks like sanity) is judge M. T. Decker. She’s got all kinds of ideas about how a winning story ought to look: read about those ideas at her judge page. Of course she likes proper grammar ‘n’ stuff, but she also adores stories with fresh takes on the prompt or unique twists. Time to think outside of the box!
Awards Ceremony: Results post Sunday evenings. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner will post Wednesdays. I (Rebekah) post my own stuff sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays “just for fun.” Hungry? Today we made double fudge brownies. I invite you to eat some. Now. Quickly, before they’re all–oh. Sorry. Too late.
* Word limit: 150 word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Sunday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
***Today’s Dragon’s Bidding (required element to incorporate somewhere in your story; does not need to be the exact word unless instructed to do so, e.g. “include the word ‘che’ron‘”):