Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
Our latest Flash! Friday winner (for her 2nd time–and back to back wins, with two judges!) is Cindy Vaskova. Read her winning story here, then take one minute to get to know her better. (Read her first interview here.)
1) What about the prompt inspired your winning piece? The event that the photograph depicted – so much creativity and intelligence there I had to question it.
2) Do you outline, or are you more of a discovery writer? Overall I’m a discovery writer. My outlining, when it happens, is quite common I believe
3) How would you describe your writing style? I’ve been told it’s dark and smoky, betting on character’s learning about themselves. I think I’m still experimenting.
4) When did you begin writing fiction? With more effort and hours, somewhere around 15.
5) Introduce us to a favorite character in one of your stories. John Walker in “Night Shift” – a brilliant paramedic set for death and hallucinogenic dreams as he tries to unravel the secret of one “Sanctum” str.
6) What books have influenced your life the most? Neil Gaiman’s works and the stories of my childhood. I hardly remember them, but the love for reading started there.
8) How do you combat writer’s block? I talk to it and distract it with cool stories and nice music. Sometimes it works.
9) What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? A simple and not so simple one – keep writing.
10) What do you admire most about dragons? Apart from their magnificent looks? Their attitude of course! Impeccable in their ironic speechmaking and trickery!