Friday AGAIN!!!! Can you believe it?! So much fun and happiness, all wrapped up in one little bitty day. Thank you so much for coming to share part of yours with us here at Flash! Friday. Wouldn’t be the same without you! PS. I mean that. Would be very, very depressing. And lonely. Though also perhaps slightly less well-behaved, I’m thinking.
Back taking another turn as judge is mischievous Erin McCabe! She loves a great twist at the end of a story, so let’s twist away this week! Read more about her (though she is suspiciously silent on the topic of breakfast cereals) here.
Yes, please! In case you’ve been away for a while: we now have a required extra challenge with the weekly prompt, called the Dragon’s Bidding. The element (inscribed in the dragon’s own bejeweled pendant) changes every week and must be a thematic component in your story. Note that you do not need to include the exact word in your story unless instructed to do so (e.g. “include the word ‘Schicksal‘”).
What Else: Results post Sunday evenings. Flash Points, a feature in which a particularly outstanding FF story is highlighted, posts on occasional Mondays. Noteworthy #SixtySeconds interviews with the previous week’s winner will post Wednesdays. I (Rebekah) post my own stuff sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays “just for fun.” And being served up in the Flash! Friday mess hall this week is a good, ol’ fashioned bowl of chicken soup (take your pick: the comforting can o’ noodles kind, the white bean chili kind (wow), or the totally awesome pho kind, which I could eat every day for years before tiring of it).
* Word limit: 150 word story (10- word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (140 – 160 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one. If you’re new, don’t forget to check the contest guidelines.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post Sunday.
* Prize: The Flash! Friday e-dragon e-badge for your blog/wall, your own winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview next Wednesday, and your name flame-written on the Dragon Wall of Fame for posterity.
***Today’s Dragon’s Bidding (required element to incorporate somewhere in your story; does not need to be the exact word unless that is specified):