Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
1) What about the prompt inspired your winning piece? I noticed nearly everyone was white except the cadaver, and I thought, “I bet that guy didn’t volunteer!”
2) Do you outline, or are you more of a discovery writer? Mostly a discovery writer, though I recently outlined for a book and it was super helpful!
3) How would you describe your writing style? I like to write in a way that creates emotions and connects to the reader. Mostly I write realistic fiction.
4) When did you begin writing fiction? As soon as I could hold a pencil. I just got back into it a few years ago.
5) Introduce us to a favorite character in one of your stories. Juanita and her three-year-old daughter nearly die crossing the border to escape the hands of her abusive husband.
7) What are you currently reading? Victim of Grace by Robin Jones Gunn. She’s my new hero!
8) How do you combat writer’s block? Starting an online write-in at SVW’s Facebook group and getting support from other writers.
9) What is the best writing advice you’ve ever been given? If writing is the gift God gave you, not writing is disobedience. It sure lit a fire under me!
10) What do you admire most about dragons? They can fly and breathe fire. That’s pretty cool. 🙂