Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
1) What about the prompt inspired you to write your winning piece? The somberness of the photo gave me my final line – to add laughter? Well, the rest flowed out of that.
2) How long have you been writing flash? I’ve written for the last 13 prompts (including Flashversary!), so … three months.
3) What do you like about flash? Surprisingly, having a definite deadline has helped – I finish more pieces and feel they are better crafted.
4) What flash advice would you give other writers? Even if the prompt doesn’t seem to spark your imagination, write anyway – you may end up surprised by the results.
7) What other forms do you write (novels, poetry, articles, etc)? Most of what I’ve written lately (sans these flash pieces) have been fanfiction based short stories and poems.
8) What is/are your favorite genre(s) to write, and why? I enjoy fantasy with a touch of the macabre. It’s therapeutic. ::grin::
9) Tell us about a WIP. I’m currently plotting out an original story dealing with Muses in the modern era – three words: high speed internet.
10) How do you feel about dragons? Ancient and wise, dragons can convey the wisdom of the ages if you choose to listen carefully.