** 3 Days Until the Flashversary!! Festivities will run Dec 2 -6: SHOCKING! FIVE WHOLE DAYS to write & submit your stories for prizes and worldwide (minor) celebrity. Set your clocks NOW. If you’re like me and tend to forget things, set your clocks yesterday.
WELCOME TO FLASH! FRIDAY! Anniversaries tend to make one all nostalgic and backward-looking. With the rip-roarin’ Flashversary around the corner, I’m most definitely looking forward and not that other direction. Still, there’s something to be said for fuzzy lenses and (especially in this week of the American Thanksgiving holiday) gratitude for one’s blessings. Which–go with me on this one–reminds me of how much I’ve learned this past year. Which–see? here’s the connection–makes one think of school. Of course, today’s prompt isn’t your everyday school room…
(Find the instructive contest rules here.)
This week’s personalized educational experience is headmastered by outgoing SVW judge and Arthurian legend-obsessed Jaz Draper, who will liberally award gold stars to writers offering well-rounded characters and crisp dialogue. Be sure to check out her judge page to learn how to escape having your name written on the board.
* Word limit: 100 word story (5- word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (95 – 105 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post SUNDAY. (Reminder! The Flashversary goes live at 7:30am Monday.)
* Prize: An informational e-dragon e-badge, a scholarly and illuminating winner’s page here at FF, a 60-second interview feature in detention next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME blasted in high-pitched musical tones in the morning announcements of schools around the world. NOTE: No more Flash Points until Year 2.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/tips on rolling the best kinds of spitballs. And now for your prompt: