** 10 Days Until the Flashversary!! The party runs Dec 2 -6: YES! YOU HEARD RIGHT! FIVE WHOLE DAYS to write & submit your stories for hold-the-prizes-in-your-hands glory. And global (minor) adulation, of course, and the envy of dragons everywhere. Don’t miss it!
WELCOME TO FLASH! FRIDAY! I’m feeling a bit contemplative this weekend: I am attending a get-away-from-it-all retreat sans internet and cell phone. While some days I’m not sure whether it’s possible to survive such a deprivation (meeting me now, you would never believe I grew up barefoot in a tiny village without telephones at all!), part of me is curious to see how three full days away will change my perspective. So I thought it only fitting to share that contemplation with you today.
(Find the meditative contest rules here.)
You will be accompanied on this week’s thoughtful stroll through the Muse Garden by outgoing SVW judge and Thinker Extraordinaire Beth Peterson, who suggests using the senses may be an effective way to catch her judgy eye. Be sure to check out her judge page to learn more.
* Word limit: 150 word story (5- word leeway) based on the photo prompt. Short but powerful, see?
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (145 – 155 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post SUNDAY NIGHT
* Prize: A decidedly NON-introspective e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a partyingly pensive winner’s page here at FF, a subdued yet mysteriously mischievous 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME grown in the elaborate hedges of labyrinths around the world (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s as-often-as-I-can-get-to-it Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/cell phone deprivation survival tips. Oh wait. I need the tips. SPILL! And now for your prompt: