CLOSED!!!! LOVED the myriad places y’all took this rider!! Thank you so much for coming out to write with us. Results Sunday.
** 16 Days Until the Flashversary!! Festivities will run Dec 2 -6: YES! FIVE WHOLE DAYS to write & submit your stories for (gasp!) actual prizes! And worldwide (minor) celebrity! Mark your calendars now. Mark them again later. Don’t miss it!
WELCOME TO FLASH! FRIDAY! That annoying tapping sound you hear is my restless leg syndrome, which always acts up in the hours before the next FF launches. Today’s glorious photo sends shivers up my spine in the best traditions of Arabian Nights (free for your Kindle) and Robin McKinley’s The Blue Sword and Walter Farley’s The Black Stallion (which he wrote–listen up, kids–in HIGH SCHOOL–in the 1930s) and CS Lewis’ The Horse and His Boy and the like whose desert-and-horses escapades still fuel dreams everywhere. Tweet @FlashFridayFic with any I’ve left out!
(Find the sandy contest rules here.) **NOTE** For the month of November, #NaNoWriMo story excerpts will be accepted with open arms. The excerpt must offer closure, but it does not need to tell a complete story.
This week’s tirelessly wandering adventures are supervised by outgoing SVW judge and fearless explorer Maggie Duncan, who is fond of a good title. (PS. Literally.) Be sure to check out her judge page to learn how to jockey for her favor.
* Word limit: 300 word story (25- word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (275 – 325 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time–and don’t forget we are on Daylight Savings now)
* Winners: will post SUNDAY
* Prize: A galloping e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a looming haboob (you know you want to say that out loud) of a winner’s page here at FF, a jingling and thundering 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME carved into elegant leather saddles across the withers of the world (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s as-often-as-I-can-get-to-it Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/tips on riding your horse for days and days without rest, like they do in the classics. And now for your prompt: