CLOSED! whew. And no offense, y’all, but I think next time I’ll take the stairs…. 😀 Results Sunday!
FRIDAY’S HEEEEEEEEERE! and I couldn’t be more tickled seeing your shiny faces again. I hope you’ve all had a spectacular start to your November, no matter where you are on your writing journey. As for me, I’m in the middle of Draft # 3 of my WIP and am trying a little snowflake method this time around, just for fun. Please tweet the gang @FlashFridayFic to share if you’ve tried snowflaking, and how it worked for you–we’d love to know!
This week’s ethereal stories will be judged by NaNoWriMo veteran and SVW member Kinza Carpenter Shores, who is craziest about stories that make a person think or feel. Be sure to check out her judge page to find out more.
* Word limit: 150-word story (NO leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (150 words exactly, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (be sure to check the world clock; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time and is currently on Daylight Savings Time–one hour earlier.)
* Winners: will post SUNDAY.
* Prize: A stony yet magical e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a majestically cavernous winner’s page here at FF, an echoing (echoing, echoing) 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME in mysterious Chinese characters painted in spectacular calligraphy across the bridges of the world (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s as-often-as-I-can-get-to-it Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/tips on how to help a dragon overcome its fear of heights. And now for your prompt: