TA-DONE!!!!! and what a crazy ride! thanks, everyone–back with results on Sunday!
** Got what it takes?? Apply now to take a turn as a mega spiffy JUDGE in Year 2! Details here. The application deadline for the first panel is October 31.
WELCOME TO FLASH! FRIDAY! Ahhhh, dear Douglas Fairbanks! Today’s mind-reading prompt comes from the 1919 film When the Clouds Roll By, a film you’d never guess was directed by the same person (Victor Fleming) as Gone With the Wind some twenty years later. Goes to show you never know what’s in a person’s head, no matter how hard you stare. Not that it stops some of us, of course, from staring as profusely and enthusiastically as possible. (Yep, that’s me behind your shoulder. No, not there–yes! there.)
(Find the invasive contest rules here.)
This week’s meddlesome festivities are judged by the apparently non–intrusive, safe-seeming, totally innocuous SVW member Dan Radmacher (PS. believe any of that at your own risk) . Be sure to check out his judge page to peek inside his brain for a change.
* Word limit: 200 word story (5 word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (195 – 205 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday is on Washington, DC time–heads up, as on Nov 3 (one week from Sunday!) we switch to Daylight Savings Time and will be off an hour til early spring)
* Winners: will post SUNDAY
* Prize: A snooping e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, an embarrassingly impertinent winner’s page (down page! down! bad page!) here at FF, a Nosy Parker 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME whispered behind your back in gossip parlours around the world (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s as-often-as-I-can-get-to-it Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/tips on keeping secrets from dragons (PS. It usually requires the death of the secret-keeper). And now for your prompt: