Ten answers to ten questions in 20 words or fewer. That’s less time than it takes to burn a match*.
(*Depending on the length of the match and your tolerance for burned fingers, obviously)
1) What about the prompt inspired you to write your winning piece? The coldness and isolation of the picture just seemed like a personal hell to me.
2) How long have you been writing flash? About two months.
3) What do you like about flash? I tend to be wordy, so this forces me to tighten my writing.
4) What flash advice would you give other writers? Write honestly and for yourself first. Remember that you’re the only one who has to like what you write.
7) What other forms do you write (novels, poetry, articles, etc)? Poetry for myself and my husband; and I’ve been working on a historical novel for two years.
8) What is/are your favorite genre(s) to write, and why? Historical fiction; I like the idea of taking ordinary people and telling their stories of extraordinary times.
9) Tell us about a WIP. The Price of a Pearl is about three women in England and Virginia before, during and after the American Revolution.
10) How do you feel about dragons? I think they would like me because I’m soft and tender!