CLOSED. Thanks for writing! Judge’s results Sunday, but in the meantime, grab some coffee, then cmon down and read these original tales & leave comments. See you soon!
***NEWS FLASH!!!*** In Year 2 we’re going to mix things up–we’re giving YOU the chance to play judge!!!! I’m looking for volunteer judges to serve beginning Dec 14. This opportunity’s for everybody, even if you’ve never judged before. It’s short on commitment (a rotation is approx once a month for 3 months) and long on fun. COME ONE, COME ALL: You have already made this community unlike any other. Join me in taking Flash! Friday even further, to a place no flash contest’s ever dared go. Details here. ***
And now for today’s party! I’m still giggling over your tales from last week. But for today we leave the silly behind and turn unflinchingly toward the Unknown, at the top of the gorgeous Peninne Alps.
(Find the mysterious contest rules here.)
This week’s journey is judged by the eQUESTrian (groan) Master herself, SVW member Jaz Draper, who in addition to being a redoubtable character, loves to read about well-drawn characters. Sojourn over to her judge page to find out what else she looks for in a winning piece.
* Word limit: 200 word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt. Workin’ our way back up!
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (190 – 210 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post SUNDAY
* Prize: An enigmatic e-trophy e-dragon e-badge coming your way, an inscrutable yet warm & fuzzy winner’s page here at FF, a puzzlingly personalized 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME scrawled in secret decoder rings in cereal boxes around the globe (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/dragon judging advice. And now for your prompt: