CLOSED! Y’all are seriously hilarious. And awesome. Thanks to everyone for coming out–we’ll see you Sunday with results!
Welcome to Flash! Friday! What a blast we have every week, and I’m tickled pink that Friday’s dashed right back ’round again. Y’all are the bee’s knees, the icing on the cake, the jalapenos on the nachos. And as thanks, did I ever pick a fun photo for you today, all the way from Pataskala, Ohio, in southwestern Licking County, population 14,962 (and two!!! McDonalds!). What you’re going to do to the poor kids and this perfectly innocuous fountain, I don’t even dare imagine.
(Find the mischievous contest rules here.)
This week’s up-to-no-goodness is judged by the Queen of Shenanigans, SVW member Beth Peterson, who every day comes up with seventeen Nefarious Plots to Take Over the World, and that’s even before she wakes up (which means your own mischief-making this week better be gooood). Be sure to check out her judge page to find out what else she looks for in a winning piece.
* Word limit: 150 word story (no leeway this time) based on the photo prompt. Yep, keeping it short ‘n’ sweet again. (PS. Don’t get comfy there.)
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (150 words exactly, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Washington, DC–the capitol of troublemaking–time)
* Winners: will post SUNDAY
* Prize: An troublemaking e-trophy e-dragon e-badge coming your way, a misbehaving yet frolicsome winner’s page here at FF, an impishly personalized 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME accompanied by three checkmarks written sternly on classroom chalkboards around the world (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/dragon detention hall survival tips. And now for your prompt: