CLOSED!!!! Thanks to everyone who came to share their stories with us this week. We’ll see you Sunday with the judge’s results.
It’s true: we have–quite shockingly, I might add, given the shenanigans in last week’s Odd Fellows house–successfully made it to Round # 43. Welcome! (You should know, by the by, that I’m already elbows-deep in planning a Big. HUGE! one-year anniversary insane blowout. With prizes and everything.)
Back in high school my creative writing teacher gave us daily assignments, but she always said if we had a “rock in our shoe,” something that just had to be written, we could write that instead. Well, today I discovered a rock in my Flash! Friday shoe (yes, dragons wear shoes, though in truth they are more like fluffy house slippers–don’t tell anyone I admitted that). It’s mighty inconvenient, as I had another prompt picked out, and I had the description written up and all ready to go. But then–this pic, this marvelous photo of a child in mid-air silhouette. It bothered me, to the point of shoving the other prompt out of the way and wriggling its way onto the page instead.
Given that display of intense desperation, its stories have got to be good. And I can’t wait to read them.
(Find the airborne contest rules here.)
This week’s contest is judged by death-defying SVW member Kinza Carpenter Shores who says she’d freely plunge into the depths for a tale that makes her think something new or feel something amazing. Be sure to check out her judge page to find out more.
* Word limit: 150 word story (a leaping 5-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (145 – 155 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post SUNDAY
* Prize: An airy e-trophy e-dragon e-badge coming your way, a soaring winner’s page here at FF, a winged and personalized 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME ricocheted across the furthest reaches of the sky (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/dragon aviation tips. And now for your prompt: