CLOSED! Whew. Good thing. I’ve been chewing on dirt all day, and my jaw’s quite tired. THANK YOU, everyone, for contributing your marvelous stories!!! Results Sunday.
Welcome to Flash! Friday # 41! One of the marvelous peculiarities of this planet and our humanness is we are limited in view to what was and what is. The world of what will be hides from our eyes. If that doesn’t get a writer’s imagination all fired up, I don’t know what does! Because one thing’s for sure: the future, dear writers, is coming. How do you imagine it?
(Find the contest rules here.)
This week’s contest is judged by SVW member Patricia McCommas who says the future winning tale contains a full story with a really spectacular twist. Be sure to check out her judge page to find out more!
* Word limit: 350 word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (340 – 360 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post SUNDAY
* Prize: A e-trophy e-dragon e-badge coming your way, a futurely impressive winner’s page here at FF, a pending personalized and fun 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME painted in giant block letters across time machines everywhere (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s occasional Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/DIY dragon fire-storm kits. And now for your prompt: