CLOSED! Comments, of course, always open and welcome. Judge’s results will post Sunday. Thanks, everybuddy!
Welcome to Flash! Friday battle # 38. With reluctance I am leaving the babies behind this week and moving on to grownups. I suppose whether the apparent Innocents in this week’s prompt are as adventurous as the babies or will face similar fates remains to be seen. Either way–you are most welcome here, and I can’t wait to read your stories. Thank you for coming!
(Don’t forget the contest rules!)
This week’s contest is judged by SVW member Dan Radmacher who, despite spending suspicious lengths of time in his basement, is a strong writer with a keen eye for extraordinary storytelling. Be sure to check out his judge page to find out what he looks for in a winning entry. Short version: he likes crisp writing, a good story, and as much character development as can be squished into the word count.
* Word limit: 250- word story (10-word leeway) based on the photo prompt. (Feels almost novel-length, doesn’t it!)
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (240 – 260 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post SUNDAY
* Prize: A world-traveling e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a personalized explorer’s page here at FF, a star-following 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME splashed by mermaids across the seas of the world (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s occasional Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/advice on how to sail with a dragon aboard. And now for your prompt: