DONE! I’m going to be snorting laughter even in my dreams thanks to y’all. So–thanks, y’all! Judge’s results will post Sunday.
Welcome to Flash! Friday battle # 37. Assuming you have not eaten, you will doubtless find today’s repast a bit wild and stringy. But whether you’ve arrived on full or empty belly, we are most excessively delighted to see you here. Take a glance at the prompt, roll your sleeves up, and go to town!
(Need the contest rules?)
This week’s contest is judged by SVW member Maggie Duncan whose preferred method of travel may or may not require goats. Be sure to check out her judge page to find out what she looks for in a winning entry. Short version: she likes a strong tie to the prompt, a complete story, and subjects and verbs in proper alignment.
* Word limit: 100- word story (5-word leeway) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (95 – 105 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post SUNDAY (note new posting date)
* Prize: An immature e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a personalized and goofy page here at FF, a remarkably underdeveloped 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME embroidered on diaper bags around the world (give or take). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/dragon driving tips. And now for your prompt: