CLOSED! Thanks to everyone for sharing in the mischief-making. Our brave judge will have results on Sunday (note the new results day).
Thirty-six weeks today. THIRTY-SIX! Count ’em! That’s a whole lotta weeks – right about NINE months’ worth, if my math’s right. And NINE months makes a person think of babies, and babies make a person think of mischief… and now you know how we wound up with this marvelously grinning prompt for today.
(Need the contest rules?)
This week’s contest is judged by SVW member Beth Peterson whose own marvelous grin is probably Hiding Something. Be sure to check out her judge page to find out what she looks for in a winning entry. Short version: she loves stories that “push past the ordinary.” And she has a rather worrisome obsession with properly placed commas.
* Word limit: 99 word story (no leeway–it’s all about NINES!) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (99 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post SUNDAY (note new posting date)
* Prize: A youthful e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a personalized and puerile page here at FF, a juvenile 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME engraved on silver spoons in nurseries everywhere (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/dragon baby feeding schedules. And now for your prompt: