Apologies, y’all: we got us a little wrinkle in cyberspace. Results will post Sunday instead. Thank you–see you as soon as logistically possible!
CLOSED! Yep. Done for another week! A thousand thanks to all of you who came out to write, read & comment. See you for results Saturday!
Last week didn’t work out so well for many of our cable car passengers. So many of them went up but never came down again (or at least not in the way they’d hoped). Curiously, it would also seem many of you dear writers were hungry, as quite a few passengers wound up being someone-or-other’s lunch. And for the next part of our science experiment, this week perhaps try writing after you’ve eaten, just to see what happens….
(As ever, here are the contest guidelines.).
This week’s contest is judged by SVW member Kinza Carpenter Shores, whose hard work will quite possibly earn her a free sandwich from the Flash! Friday cafe. (Be sure to check out her judge page to find out what she looks for in a winning entry. Short version: she loves mood, sentence structure, and an interesting plot.) [[And yes, today for some odd reason I feel steampunk calling! Let’s see you fit elves or dragons or mermaids into this photo, eh???]]
* Word limit: GO WILD! Anywhere between 100-200 word story based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (100-200 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Washington, DC time)
* Winners: will post tomorrow (Saturday)
* Prize: A totally nutty e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a personalized off-the-wall page here at FF, a who-knows-where-this-is-going 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME emblazoned on hula hoops in schools around the world (so to speak). NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/tips on how to dress for a dragon tea. And now for your prompt: