CLOSED! But lots of time to add your comments on these tales. Thanks for playing–look for the judge’s ruling Sunday morning this week.
I’ve been thinking recently about perspective and how what we as individuals bring to a situation (or story prompt!) so heavily influences our conclusions. We see that so often in writing contests like Flash! Friday, which present a single prompt and challenge writers from all walks of life in all parts of the world to share the story they find in it. And that’s what inspired the selection of today’s prompt, because that’s what this photo’s all about: perspective.
(As ever, here are the contest guidelines).
And without further ado (because don’t we have enough ado already?!):
* Word limit: 250-word story (25-word leeway on either side) based on the photo prompt.
* How: Post your story here in the comments. Include your word count (between 225 – 275 words, exclusive of title) and Twitter handle if you’ve got one.
* Deadline: 11:59pm ET tonight (check the world clock if you need to; Flash! Friday’s on Miami time)
* Winners: will post tomorrow (Saturday)
* Prize: A stunningly crowded e-trophy e-dragon e-badge, a personalized urban page here at FF, a sky-scraper-like 60-second interview feature next Wednesday, and YOUR NAME sounded out in the impressive beeps and honks of a glorious three-mile traffic backup. NOTE: Winning and non-winning stories alike remain eligible for selection for Monday’s Flash Points.
* Follow @FlashFridayFic on Twitter for up-to-date news/announcements/recommendations regarding public transportation for the non-winged (or environmentally aware winged) among us. And now for your prompt: